SSAP and images

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Wed May 2 06:35:33 PDT 2007

Hi Guy -

I see what you are getting now, thanks.  The SSAP specification itself
does not currently specify the datatype of Coverage.Location.Value (it
is hard to get this level of detail in the printed document). If you
want this level of detail it is much better to look at the data model
spreadsheet (at https://webtest.aoc.nrao.edu/ivoa-dal/ssap-keywords.xls
for the moment). This spells out every last detail for every SSAP
or Spectrum data model element.  You can also look at the reference
implementation and see what it returns for a query.

Coverage.Location.value is specified as being of type double,
arraysize=2.  In the SIA spec, POS_EQ_RA_MAIN and POS_EQ_DEC are
explicitly of type double.

I agree that we should clarify this in the SSAP specification itself.

 	- Doug