SSAP and images

Guy Rixon guyrixon at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:05:20 PDT 2007

Anita,

by my reading of the SSAP spec, the position encoding is part of the
Spectrum data model:

Coverage.Location.Sky.Value pos.eq RA and Dec deg, R
(or sexagesimal string)

If I understand this correctly, each column of the VOtable returned
by SSA is a node in the Spectrum data model, with an associated
Utype. This position node is defined as a coordinate pair, so the
column isn't a scalar, numeric type. It would have to be either a
string or an array of float or double. Would the array form work for
you? I guess the string form covers the case where the coordinates
are sexagesimal.

Cheers,
Guy