RFC initiated for Simple Spectral Access protocol

Gerard gerard.lemson at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Jun 26 06:14:24 PDT 2007

> > We talked to Markus yesterday (he is at ESAC because one EuroVO
> > workshop) and he mentioned a special section about FORMAT=METADATA
> > (including a better example) is being prepared but it has not been
> > included in the document because time constrains. In fact, we had the
> > action to send a description/example about the use for theoretical
> > services. As the description is decoupled from the rest of the
> > document, I do not see major problems if the section is finally
> > included.
>
> It could still be useful to have a section/example noting how to handle
> theory data (although this really should have been in the doc already
> it should be fairly independent).

This might be useful, even though, after repeated questioning, everyone at
the last few IVOA meetings claimed that SSA covers the needs of those
wishing to publish theory spectra. If this is not the case, adding such a
section/example might make this true anyway.

For those of you listening only to the theory mailing list. It would be nice
to hear from groups attempting to publish theory spectra through SSA. We
know of the TSAP efforts, Herve has recently raised some issues, there
may/must be more.
For those who (think they) succeeded, maybe they could post some examples to
this discussion trail to assist the DAL group.

Best regards

Gerard Lemson