On FORMAT=METADATA

Pedro Osuna Pedro.Osuna at sciops.esa.int
Tue Jul 3 05:25:32 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I am planning to send my inputs to the comments on the SSAP doc, both
from the community point of view as from my VOQL Chair hat (which I have
to following the RFC).

>From my working group side, I had an informal action from Doug to write
a "Use Case" in the form of appendix or similar for the FORMAT=METADATA
case for Theoretical spectra, and how it is currently used with -so
called- Theoretical Spectrum Access Protocol services.

I will write this "Use Case" and send it to Doug and the community by
tomorrow. This Use Case compiles inputs from both SVO and ESAVO, who
were the ones that first described the possible TSAP, now embedded in
SSAP.

I think the absorption of the so called TSAP in the SSAP was already
agreed some time ago, and it is maybe good enough for the time being at
least. Whether we will have to review it in the future depending on what
type of architecture is decided for the getCapabilities is something we
will have to discuss later, I believe.

Other issues related to what a "General Protocol" means, its relation to
TAP, its relation to the "getCapabilities", etc., are outside the scope
of the FORMAT=METADATA discussion for theoretical spectra here, as it
affects many other things in which we are working on different fields
and groups.

I will be sending the inputs by tomorrow.

Cheers,
P.

--
Pedro Osuna Alcalaya

European Space Agency (ESA)
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
Research and Scientific Support Department (RSSD)
Astronomy Science Operations Division (SCI-SD)
e-mail: Pedro.Osuna at esa.int
Tel + 34 91 813 13 14    Fax: +34 91 813 11 72
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
P.O. Box 50727
E-28080 Villafranca del Castillo
MADRID - SPAIN

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The
unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content
is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete it from your system and notify
the sender. E-mails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. ESA shall not be liable
for any e-mail if modified.