UCDs in SIA v1.0

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 12 06:25:23 PST 2007

Hi Ray -

My thinking here is that SIA V1 is using UCDs for its UTYPE values,
and what governs in this case is what makes sense for UCDs.  If UCDs
want to be case-insensitive values (probably so) then this is how they
should be used in SIA V1 as well.

As you say, it can matter for clients.  It might make sense for a
validator to issue a warning in this case (here is usage which might
break a simple client) , but not insist on a case-sensitive match.

 	- Doug