ORML layer for doing XQuery on relational databases

Brian Thomas thomas at astro.umd.edu
Thu May 18 15:39:13 PDT 2006

	HI,

	I mentioned this in the DM session today, but I guess it also applies to the DAL, and I
	thought I would follow up with some links to this work:

	* A pdf of the IVOA presentation I gave to the query group last October:

	http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpOct2005VOQL/VOUnifiedQueryTalk.pdf

	* A link to the software (now called VOORML) :

	http://viewcvs.cacr.caltech.edu/us-vo/viewcvs.cgi/contrib/voorml

	In my point of view, this will provide a nice path to obtain the object-oriented query, and the
	next generation of VOQL (essentially XQuery with astronomical extensions such as ADQL implements)

	=brian