Comments on SSAP V0.95, UCDs

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 27 07:59:19 PDT 2006

Hi Randy -

The purpose of UTYPE is to identify interface elements; they are intended
to be used for this purpose in SSA, and the SSA protocol will specify all
the UTYPEs independently of the underlying data model.  UTYPE replaces
the "VOX" UCDs used in SIAP, and the next SIAP will use UTYPE as well.
UCDs can also be specified, but different interface elements may have the
same UCD so these cannot be used to identify interface elements.

	- Doug