Comments on SSAP V0.95, UCDs

Randall Thompson rthomp at stsci.edu
Tue Jun 27 07:52:39 PDT 2006

Hi Doug,
    Thanks for the reply. I hope to discuss
the issues further with Bob and the MAST staff
when everyone is back from travel.
    One issue I forgot to ask about was the status
of UCDs in the SSAP. Currently our service-handling
software relies on UCDs to identify the main RA and Dec
values, data links, etc. and works with both cone searches
and SIAP requests. I was hoping the same UCDs would
be required for the SSAP so we could use the same code for
all three protocols. Since UTYPES can vary with the
data models, they would not be as useful for this purpose.
Is it possible that we can continue the requirement of
specifying UCDs for at least the more important SSAP
parameters?

Randy