SIAP and Java

Phillip John Nicolson pjn3 at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 09:07:03 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

I have been tasked with writing a SIAP service.
I know that SIAP services have been written in perl (I presume because
of the availability of a perl CFITSIO library), but unfortunately my
perl knowledge isn't very good.

I wonder if any work has been done on writing SIAP services using java?
Has anyone tried this previously? Are there any painful lessons already
learned that I could avoid? Has anyone got any examples of previous
attempts?  Any suggestions/hints/words of warning would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil