DAL sessions in Victoria

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 10:03:55 PDT 2006

> interoperability when (a) technology can be reused, or (b)
> when different science communities see a benefit in data federation.

Point (a) is already met: AstroGrid technology is used in solar, stp and
astro communitites and is useful to any of the others (we've just not been
pushing it yet). And it sounds like a simple time series access would be
useful, possibly satisfying both if there is enough commonality - worth
investigating anyway.

Certainly UWS, VOSpace, Security (auth/auth), Registry (basics if not all
schemas) and VOTable are immediately applicable to any community as well as
the more generic aspects of VOEvent and VOQL. In short, there is probably a
lot more commonality of interest than difference.

T.