Kyoto Meeting

Yuji SHIRASAKI yuji.shirasaki at nao.ac.jp
Tue May 10 02:36:47 PDT 2005

Hi Doug and VOQL+DAL people,

From: Doug Tody <dtody at nrao.edu>
Subject: Re: Kyoto Meeting
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 22:25:04 -0600 (MDT)

> I have heard very little about Yuji's experiments with virtual data
> queries.  We are eager to hear in the meeting what progress has been made,
> but is there anything we can look at in advance of the meeting so as to
> be better prepared?

I am now preparing for the presentation at Kyoto meeting ...

We have build a skynode toolkit which can be used to make a skynode
data service not only for the catalog data but also for the image data.
We hava also a plan to incorporate another kinds of observational
data like spectrum, 3D-Cub, photon list and so on.

The toolkit (experimental version) is available at:

  http://jvo.nao.ac.jp/download/skynode-toolkit/skynode.tar.gz

Very brief instruction manual is also available:

  http://jvo.nao.ac.jp/download/skynode-toolkit/instruction.txt

Following this manual, you can make a skynode service using sample data.
Using the sample data, you can test the four kinds of queries.

   1. Catalog query
   2. Catalog cross match query with VOTable
   3. Image data query
   4. Image data cross match query with VOTable

The detail of the implementation will be presented at the VOQL session
or VOQL+DQL session (which is better ?). The presentation file is not
prepared yet though.

According to the experience, I would like to introduce the way for
integrating any kind of astronomical data services as a skynode.
The presentation file (not completed yet) is available at:

  http://jvo.nao.ac.jp/~yshirasa/jvo/doc/2005/VOQL-DAL-Joint-yshirasa.pdf
  http://jvo.nao.ac.jp/~yshirasa/jvo/doc/2005/VOQL-DAL-Joint-yshirasa.pdf

This is not the final version, so the contents of this file might be changed.

---
Yuji SHIRASAKI, Research Fellow             +81-422-34-3579 (tel)
National Astronomical Observatory of Japan  +81-422-34-3840 (fax)
Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan                 yuji.shirasaki at nao.ac.jp