SED Data Model version 0.92

William Pence William.D.Pence at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 1 09:55:42 PST 2005

Randall Thompson wrote:

>    Finally, I think there are errors in the sample FITS header shown. It
> look like there are actually 15 fields, not 14 (there are 2 sets of TTYPE2 &
> TFORM2 keywords), and there is no THEAP keyword describing the offset to
> the data heap. Unless  the convention has
> changed, this should have the value of NAXIS1 * NAXIS2 if there is no
> gap between the binary table and the data heap.

The THEAP keyword is optional and is assumed to have the value NAXIS1 *
NAXIS2 if it is not present.  This is described in the appendix B.1 of the
FITS Standard.

Bill Pence
Dr. William Pence                          William.D.Pence at nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC Code 662         HEASARC         +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771                         +1-301-286-1684 (fax)