SSAP sample files

Ivo Busko busko at stsci.edu
Tue Feb 1 07:54:24 PST 2005

Folks,

I am about to release a new version of Specview with
the ability to write spectrograms in SSAP format.

However, before I do that, I would greatly appreciate
any comments, cristicisms and the like from the experts
out there.

I tried to follow the specs in the SED Data  Model v 0.92.
I am sure there are things that are missing, misinterpreted
by me, or plainly wrong, in my implementation. Thus, before
releasing flawed code, it would be of great help to hear
what people have to say about the files created by Specview.

To that end, I put a few samples at

http://specview.stsci.edu/SSAP/

They include a multi-instrument SED, a few orders of a HST
STIS echelle spectrogram, two segments of an ISO-LWS spectrum,
a comparison between data and a template (from the AVO demo),
and a spectrum retrieved from the VOServices Web Services
interface at http://www.voservices.org/.

FITS serialization will be added in a future release.

Regards,

-Ivo

 *  Ivo C. Busko, PhD                        e-mail: busko at stsci.edu *
 *  Senior Systems Software Engineer                                 *
 *  Astronomy Tools and Applications                                 *
 *  Engineering and Software Services Division  Voice: (410)338-4472 *
 *  Space Telescope Science Institute             FAX: (410)338-4767 *
 *  3700 San Martin Drive                                            *
 *  Baltimore MD 21218-2410  USA                                     *