SIA Evolution Proposal

Clive Page cgp at star.le.ac.uk
Sun Apr 18 02:05:10 PDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Francois Bonnarel wrote:

> No, Pedro I don't think anybody here (apart from Clive, maybe: I will
> answer to this later if necessary)
>  is refusing to put structure in SIA or whatever IVOA DAL protocol.

Just a short clarification which may save you having to compose a reply to
me: I do not at all oppose putting structures in SIA, just pointing out
that in some cases it isn't so bad to duplicate a small amount of data if
it keeps the structure simpler.  A normalised dataset is very elegant in
theory, not always good in practice.

--
Clive Page
Dept of Physics & Astronomy,