SIA Evolution proposal

Francois Bonnarel bonnarel at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Tue Apr 13 15:50:41 PDT 2004

Dear DM and DAL partners,
    You can now find the Note I annouced sooner today
which is a proposal for a SIA evolution towards more structured features

   at this  addres: http://alinda.u-strasbg.fr/SiaEvol.rtf

  A formal IVOA version will be posted tommorrow.

   A few preliminary remarks about that:

     - Yesterday Pedro and Jesus posted  a proposal naamed
"A note on a possible extension to SIAP" on the DAL.
        Their note, the current note and the previous note I posted today with
    Mireille are contributions to a debate we would like to have in the IVOA
    about structuring DAL outputs benefiting from the Data Model efforts
    and without erasing all that has been done under the name SIA (or SSA)
    in the previous monthes.

    -    We have been in close contact with Pedro and Jesus in the last
    weeks and discussed a lot this topic. Due to various reasons
    we decided together to post separate notes eventually, as a
    starting point to a more open discussion.

    - The note posted now is based on the IDHA data model. We will
probably adapt this to the IVOA Observation Data Model before Boston.

Regards
François
SAUVONS LA RECHERCHE :  <http://recherche-en-danger.apinc.org/>

Francois   Bonnarel               Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donnees          11, rue de l'Universite
astronomiques de Strasbourg)    F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 11       WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 25       E-mail: bonnarel at astro.u-strasbg.fr