FORTRAN access to .NET web services

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Mon Oct 20 11:38:44 PDT 2003

> We had a discussion about providing document-based web services vs RPC web
> services on the AstroGrid project, at
>
> http://forum.astrogrid.org/read.php?action=lastpost&TID=452
>
> We originally provided document-based web-service datacenters and they
> worked.  We are now going to transfer over to RPC ones and either I shall
> say "I told you so" or say nothing at all and pretend I approved.

I thought that most people had agreed that sending a document, but over
RPC, was probably the best way to go?

In other words, we're not taking abotu document literal services, but an
XML document sent as a "string" via an RPC service... or have I totally
misunderstood?

Al.
--
Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter