IVOA WG data access layer

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 4 10:05:10 PST 2003

Ultimately we should have some standardization of queries across the
data access services.  VOQL promises to address this problem, but I think
it will be a while before there is anything we can use and we will need
to continue to integrate a simplified query capability into the services
for some time.  We might be able to make some progress in the areas of
service metadata (to identify the query attributes to a client), and in
query elements such as POS,SIZE, region specifications, and so forth
(i.e. the elements of an astronomical query, which might be later folded
into some more powerful query syntax.).   Doug