supporting spectroscopy

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 2 07:26:37 PST 2003

Hi Markus -

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Markus Dolensky wrote:
> As you know in mid May there will be an interoperability meeting in
> Cambridge (http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2003).
>
> In preparation to this event I'd like to gather information on how to
> extend Simple Image Access to spectroscopy including SEDs.

Everyone it seems is interested in extending SIA in various ways.  Arnold
has been looking at some aspects of this and it would be reasonable for
you to do so too.  Roy and others are interested in the problem of object
identification and replica management.  CDS and others have made a number
of suggestions as well.  A reasonable approach might be to think about
what we would all like to do and discuss it in the upcoming meetings.

Below is some email I posted within NVO yesterday in preparation for
our upcoming team meeting here (which is tomorrow).  This is just an
attempt to summarize many of the things we could do - we probably can't
do them all, so we should decide what our priorities are.

	- Doug