TOPCAT release

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 14:19:00 CEST 2022

Hello topcat-users,

this is to announce a release of TOPCAT and friends:

   TOPCAT v4.8-7
   STILTS v3.4-7
   STIL   v4.1-3

At this release TOPCAT has some better facilities for interacting
with XYArray plots (such as Gaia BP/RP spectra in some formats),
for instance allowing you to click on plotted lines to highlight
the corresponding row, or vice versa.

There are also crossmatch performance improvements; matching in
STILTS and TOPCAT are now done using parallel processing by default,
and some other measures have been put in place to speed things up.
That work is ongoing but dependent on realistic test data,
so if you have large crossmatch operations that you'd like to get
running faster, please contact me to see if I can improve the
performance further.

Full details and downloads at the usual places:

   http://www.starlink.ac.uk/topcat/
   http://www.starlink.ac.uk/stilts/
   http://www.starlink.ac.uk/stil/

Feedback, questions, complaints very welcome as always.
Thanks!

Mark Taylor  Astronomical Programmer  Physics, Bristol University, UK
m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk          http://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/~mbt/