Call for MOC 1.1 validators

Tom Donaldson tdonaldson at stsci.edu
Thu May 30 20:10:00 CEST 2019

Hello Apps Group,

The MOC 1.1 document is quite stable and ready for its official RFC period.  However, the RFC page does not list any validators, and that is also a prerequisite for entering RFC.  I suspect that one or more of the listed implementations can act as validators, but I do not know that for sure.  The one I tried did not give any feedback for a corrupt ASCII MOC.

So if your implementation can act as a validator, please add it to the validator section of the RFC page (https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/MOC11RFC#Implementations_Validators), along with sufficient text to explain how to use it in that context.

I will open the official RFC period as soon as we have a validator.

Thanks,
Tom