VOTable 1.4 Working Draft

Tom Donaldson tdonaldson at stsci.edu
Thu Feb 14 15:33:51 CET 2019

Hi Markus,

I thought I had captured them all in my summary e-mail, but obviously I missed this one.  Are there others that you've noted?

Do you think it's a good idea to create a wiki page to track the items?  Then at least everyone would have visibility into what I think the issues are.  Next time I think we should try some other techniques, maybe as in a github pull request, where we can all track the comments and issue tickets.

Thanks,
Tom

On 2/14/19, 5:34 AM, "apps-bounces at ivoa.net on behalf of Markus Demleitner" <apps-bounces at ivoa.net on behalf of msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

    Hi Apps,

    On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 03:38:15PM +0100, Francois Ochsenbein wrote:
    > I was pleased to read the announcement of the VOTable 1.4 draft; the
    > "un-deprecation" of the COOSYS element simplifies the reference to one
    > or several coordinate systems used in a VOTABLE, at the cost of a loss
    > of generality. However it seems to me that an "origin" or "refposition"
    > attribute, which specifies the origin of the coordinate system
    > (barycentric, geocentric, etc) is currently missing in the COOSYS
    > element, and this new version represents a good opportunity to fix this
    > gap; the list of possible origins is identical to the list of reference
    > positions associated to the "refposition" attribute of the TIMESYS
    > element. However this attribute, which did not exist in version 1.1,
    > could hardly be mandatory...

    +1 for having refposition in COOSYS in principle, but I'd still try
    to fend off feature creep for 1.4.  Can we punt it to 1.5 when I
    promise I'll work on it right after 1.4 is REC?

    Tom: Are you keeping record of all the extra wishes?  Should I do so?

         -- Markus