any application using datalink?

Pierre Fernique Pierre.Fernique at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Mar 16 07:59:19 CET 2017

Hi All,

Related to the datalink Carlo's last mail, I would like mention that
Aladin V10 - still in preparation (see below) - will incorporate some
major improvements for offering a integrated/global access to any VO
resources and their related associated data.

 1. Full display/filtering/access to all VO data sets thanks to a
    dynamic directory tree
 2. Integration of a global spatial index (based on MOCs) for most of
    these data sets
 3. Links/access to related associated (via Datalink, but also via basic
    LINK votable, SAMP...)
 4. Possibility to  local data set additions in the dynamic directory
    tree (personal additions or team additions)

The code is still in a prototype level, but it can already been
evaluated, notably to see if the datalink information are correctly
recognized and processed. The feedback that you could provide to us,
right now, notably for improving the way that these related associated
data can be displayed/access, would be very valuable.

=> http://aladin.unistra.fr/java/AladinProto.jar

This major new version will be fully presented at Shanghai Interop
meeting, but already partially next week at the Asterics meeting
especially on the Datalink/SODA and TAP integration.

Cheers
Pierre