any application using datalink?

Carlos Rodrigo crb at cab.inta-csic.es
Wed Mar 15 13:40:44 CET 2017

Thanks a lot for all your answers

I am right now trying to develope DataLink services attached to catalogues, that is, to ConeSearch

I see, that, by now, there is not such application. But I'm happy to see that many of you are
interested in providing some solutions in the near future.

The fact is that I see that most astronomers, when ask us to develope a service for their data
(catalogues, collections of spectra...) always want to relate other resources to the main data. For
instance, for catalogues, there are usually links to images, spectra, references or external
resources that complement or explain the catalogue data.

It is quite easy to put all this information together in a web page. But it is not so easy to do so
in the VO services. Datalink provides such capability. But, in my opinion, if VO applications don't
show the corresponding information in some "nice" way, it is not so easy to convince astronomers
that having a VO service for their data is better (or at least "as good as") having just a web page.

of course, Datalink is a new protocol, there are few implementations, and the situation will surely
improve with time.

I intend to comment about this in next Asterics meeting and next interop too. So we can talk about
it if more people are interested.

Thanks again for your answers.

Carlos