regarding ALTTYPE [was RE: vo-dml in votable]

Pierre Fernique Pierre.Fernique at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Mar 12 15:27:51 CET 2015

Hi all,

Like Gerard, I approve Mark's proposal on all points.

Concerning prototypes, I really thank all volunteers.
In my knowledge, Tom & Gerard will try with Hubble Source Catalog and
SDSS catalog with MAST Data Discovery Portal as client (and maybe others
- I would be interested to try with Aladin); Omar will adapt his
previous prototype code; and Severin has proposed the help of CADC if
required. I hope that we could have interoperable prototype
implementations for Sesto in order to validate or adapt our proposal,
and after this step, to start a new VOTable process (1.4).

If there is no divergente opinion, I suggest that the dedicated
TYPE/ALTYPE discussion will continue only on  DM mailing list and keep
messages concerning VOTable and/or VO-DML prototypes for App cross-posting.

Best regards,
Pierre