Table row to SED?

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Sep 15 10:43:49 CEST 2014

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Ivan Zolotukhin wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Couple of workarounds exactly for this case which I use myself:
>
>  - any decent diagram plotting service on the web like Google Charts
> (can show my example custom TOPCAT activation action command)

yes please, can you give a bit more detail?

>  - own tiny SAMP client in a language like Python with simple graphics
> libraries (I use unreleased Octopus for this if you remember)

I also thought of a tiny SAMP client to receive table.load.votable
and subsequent table.highlight.row messages and translate them to
spectrum.load.ssa-generic messages to pass on to SPLAT/Iris/whatever.
Good solution for experts, not really feasible for general astronomer
usage.