Table row to SED?

Laurino, Omar olaurino at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 11 23:34:52 CEST 2014

Hi Mark,

Iris would get the file through table.load.votable. From your description
(a photometry catalogue with several luminosities per row) it sounds like
Iris would need to ask the user to map the photometry catalog to the
SpectrumDM so it can make sense of the columns (e.g. such column is the
luminosity in this band in such and such units and such column is the error
associated to such luminosity, and so on) and import it as a SED that can
then be saved in standard format and/or combined with photometric segments
coming from other tools/services and/or fitted using Sherpa. On Linux and
OS X.

This is taken from Iris' documentation for local files, but it should work
just the same if the files comes from SAMP:
http://cxc.cfa.harvard.edu/iris/v2.0.1/threads/importer/index.html#import_phot_cats

Although we do have a requirement to implement table.highlight.row, that's
not on our priority list for the next release.

Hope this helps,

Omar.

--
Omar Laurino