Registry interfaces

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Sep 2 12:54:02 CEST 2014

Dear Apps WG,

I'm currently writing a paper on the client side of the Registry for
the upcoming second VO issue of Astronomy&Computing.  i

Within this article, I'd like to discuss Registry usage of a few
clients.  So far, I'm planning to include TOPCAT, Splat, Aladin, PyVO
and WIRR.  If you want your program in as well, I'd appreciate some
input -- possibly including answers to one or more of questions like

* How do you access Registry data?
* How do you use it in the program?
* What do your users see?
* How hard was it?
* What would you change in the Registry if you could re-design it?)

Thanks,

       Markus