New release of the CDS/ARI ADQL Library

Grégory Mantelet gmantele at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 16 09:02:38 PDT 2014

Dear Apps members,

I want to announce you that several major bugs have been fixed in the
CDS/ARI ADQL library. Hence a new release - v1.2 - whose sources,
javadoc and the library itself are still available at
http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/adqltuto. Please, note that the API has
not been changed. You can see major corrections made in this new version
on this page: http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/adqltuto/news.html

Besides, the demo page of this website has now been replaced by an ADQL
validator (http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/adqltuto/validator.html). It is
able to check the syntax of any ADQL query and check the tables and
columns names if a complete list of all available tables is provided.
Moreover note that this validator is also usable by sending HTTP
requests (see the validator page for more details).

Otherwise, the sources of the ADQL, UWS and TAP libraries are now
available on GitHub at this URL: https://github.com/gmantele/taplib .
So, I invite you to use it (and particularly by sending issues and/or
PullRequest) if you want to share any bug, correction or feature that
could interest any other user of the library.

Finally, thank you for everybody that have sent (and are still sending)
me feedbacks for these three libraries ; it's very helpful and make
things progressing faster :-)

Regards,
Grégory Mantelet
Astronomisches Rechen Institute (ARI), Heidelberg
gmantele at ari.uni-heidelberg.de