MOC Working Draft 1.0

Pierre Fernique Pierre.Fernique at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Mar 20 12:40:24 PDT 2013

Dear Application Working Group contributors,
We are pleased to announce the publication of the Working Draft :

*MOC - HEALPix Multi-Order Coverage map**
**Version 1.0**
**IVOA Working Draft 14 March 2013**
*

/http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/MOC/index.html//
/

/Abstract : This document describes the Multi-Order Coverage map method
(MOC) to specify sky regions. The goal is to have a way for providing
very fast comparisons and data access methods. The principle is based on
HEALPix sky tessellation. It boils down to defining a list of sky cells,
grouped hierarchically. /*
***
We invite every body to bring his collaboration for improving this new
future standard.
Do not hesitate to consult MOC presentations from Interop meetings or
ADASS conferences, notably this last one:
Interop May 2012 Urbana :
http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpMay2012Applications/MOC_Boch-Fernique-Taylor_IVOA2012.pdf

Best regards
Pierre Fernique, for all MOC authors & collaborators.