C/C++ libraries for VO clients

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 4 06:00:48 PDT 2013

Hi Marco -

Within VAO we are developing a product VOClient which supports registry
and data service queries as well as SAMP client (Mike Fitzpatrick is
responsible for the core product and can provide details).  There is
also a tasking subsystem which supports running external applications;
we have some VO tasks for things like data discovery/retrieval.
VOClient has a C core and bindings for C/C++ as well as Python.  We
should have a release in the May/June timeframe.

See for example:
http://www.usvao.org/documents/Papers/AASJan2013/Scripting-the-VO.pdf
http://www.usvao.org/documents/Papers/AASJan2013/VAO_AAS_VOCLI2.pdf

 	- Doug