TAP into TOPCAT

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Mar 8 07:55:20 PST 2011

Hi Mark (&rest),

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 03:04:31PM +0100, Mark Allen wrote:
> given that the TAP registry extensions are not fully defined.  Pat's
> email last November (implementations of TAP (+ ObsCore = ObsTAP))
> called for contributions to compile a list of TAP services. Pat, did
> you get many contributions?  Is there a list somewhere?
Well, until the registries reliably show table metadata for
TAP-exposed tables, I've set up GloTS at

http://dc.zah.uni-heidelberg.de/glots/q/plain/form.

I do include non-registred TAP services when I find them and they
appear to be intended for public consumption, and I've been
soliciting contributions for a while -- all you need to do is send me
your access URL and a "fake" ivo id (preferentially the one the
service will be registred as eventually; then, once the registries
carry your service, the transition would be automatic).

The GloTS server list can be retrieved via TAP, but you can also find
it at

http://dc.zah.uni-heidelberg.de/__system__/adql/query/form?__nevow_form__=genForm&query=select%20*%20from%20glots.services

The services with nextHarvest N/A are DSA services that do not have
TAP_SCHEMA, the services with nextHarvest in the past are ones that
did not work when my software tried to harvest their TAP_SCHEMAta.

Cheers,

      Markus