TAP into TOPCAT

Mark Allen mark.allen at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Mar 8 06:04:31 PST 2011

Hi Mark and all,

Thanks very much to Mark for the TAP client in TOPCAT, I think it is a
major step toward having TAP services in the hands of Astronomers. I
find the interface fairly intuitive, and the ability to start with an
example query is extremely useful.

It would appear to be the ideal testbed for the services, and also to
sort out the issues for registering TAP services. Of the registered
TAP services only the GAVO one currently works in the TOPCAT client -
but I wonder if there are others out there that are not registered,
given that the TAP registry extensions are not fully defined.  Pat's
email last November (implementations of TAP (+ ObsCore = ObsTAP))
called for contributions to compile a list of TAP services. Pat, did
you get many contributions?  Is there a list somewhere?

best regards,
Mark

Mark Allen
mark.allen at astro.unistra.fr