UWS Library 3.0 available !

Grégory Mantelet gregory.mantelet at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Apr 1 07:56:45 PDT 2011

  The version 3.0 of my UWS library is now available at
http://saada.u-strasbg.fr/uwstuto/ !

 This library is a convenient implementation of a UWS which already
implements all behaviors and functionalities described by the IVOA
recommendation. It is designed to be as quick and easy to use as
possible so that a user of UWS has not to worry with the UWS management.

  At http://saada.u-strasbg.fr/uwstuto/, you will also find a
documentation/tutorial and two UWS examples. The first UWS example
(named Timers) lets you set manually a UWS request (HTTP method, URL and
parameters) through a HTML form
(http://saada.u-strasbg.fr/uwstuto/basic.html) so that you can see more
easily how a UWS works.

  Since the previous version (2.0), there are new features: execution
queue, user identification, possibility to add/remove UWS actions and
serializers (by default: XML and JSON), ... But, they imply some changes
of the API. So, if you have used the version 2.0 and you want to go to
the 3.0, you should take a look at the following page for some details
about the API modifications and to find some help to do the upgrade:
http://saada.u-strasbg.fr/uwstuto/upgradeDetails.html.

 Finally, I have tried to make the documentation as complete as
possible. If you find some problems or do not understand something, do
not hesitate to send me a mail.

Best regards,

Grégory Mantelet (CDS)
gregory.mantelet at astro.unistra.fr