VOView Google code project

Dean Hinshaw Dean.A.Hinshaw at nasa.gov
Wed May 26 07:42:16 PDT 2010

Hi all,

After my talk at the Victoria interop, several people expressed interest
in being involved in the VOView development project.  At that time I
indicated to people that they can go to the Google Code Project or the
Google Group that I had set up and request that they be signed up if
they were interested.

However, on closer inspection it looks like the owner of the Google
group and project (i.e. me) has to sign people up, and if there is a way
to request this, it is not immediately obvious to me.  So if you want to
be involved, here is what I suggest you do:

1.  Sign up for a Google account if you do not already have one.  Note
that this is not the same as a gmail account, and you can use any
current e-mail address for this account.

2.  E-mail me (dean.hinshaw at nasa.gov) directly your Google account name.
  I will then add you to the VOView code project and discussion group.

I would like to get everyone who is interested signed up as soon as
possible, so that we can begin discussions of the proposed VOView
programming interface.

                            -- Dean

P.S. Feel free to forward this note to anyone not on the apps mailing
list who you think might be interested.
  Dean Hinshaw (SP Systems Inc) | Bldg 22, Rm 001C    |
Dean.A.Hinshaw at nasa.gov
  HEASARC/LHEA, Code 660.1      | Virtual Observatory | Voice: +1 301
286-0959
  NASA/GSFC, Greenbelt MD 20771 | Swift Data Center   | Fax  : +1 301
286-0708