Spectral cutout service

Robert Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Tue Sep 30 05:39:05 PDT 2008

Hi Petr.  Others can correct me if I am mistaken, or expand on this
response, but the spectral bandpass can be a numeric range list, as is shown
in the example in section 4.1.1.3 of SSAP V1.04.  This range can be used to
limit the scope of a search, but an SSAP service could (but is not required
to) generate a spectral cutout for just the requested region.  Also see
section 2.4 describing virtual data, and section 2.5.2 describing service
types.

Bob