An idea for a VO Applications Newsletter

Ray.Norris at csiro.au Ray.Norris at csiro.au
Thu May 15 16:14:10 PDT 2008

Hi Mark

That's a brilliant idea. Have you thought about how to distribute it?
You really want it to reach a broad spectrum of astronomers as well as
"VO-friendly" astronomers. The IAU might be one such vehicle. Also, to
reach to that broad spectrum, don't assume too much knowledge. For
example, my guess is that many astronomers who haven't been exposed to
the VO won't even know what Aladin is! So you probably need one line to
introduce it. Otherwise, the sort of content you have there is perfect.

Cheers

Ray

Ray Norris
CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility
PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, Australia
Phone +61 2 9372 4416
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/RNorris/

This email is made of 100% recycled words.
Please dispose of it thoughtfully.