Photometric redshift service?

Guy Rixon guyrixon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 13:02:10 PDT 2008

Hi Alberto,

first off, ivo://uk.ac.cam.ast/org.astrogrid.registry.RegistryService
is just a registry in AstroGrid, not THE AstroGrid registry. To get
all UK resources, your NVO registries would have to harvest a few
other publishing registries here. Maybe this can be sorted out now
that we are all moving to VOResource 1.0? I think most of our
publishing registries are now in the RofR.

The WSDL for the CEC web-services is here:

http://software.astrogrid.org/schema/cea/CommonExecutionConnector/
v1.0/CommonExecutionConnector.wsdl

You would need to set the endpoint for the specific one at JBO from
the registry (there may also be others offering these services).

There is a low-level client-library for these services, in Java, here

http://www.astrogrid.org/maven/org.astrogrid/jars/astrogrid-cea-
client-2007.2.01.jar

However, the preferred library for this is the Astro Runtime, for
which see this page:

http://www2.astrogrid.org/desktop/astro-runtime

The AR works with most languages, not just Java, and the APIs are a
lot more civilized than the low-level libraries.

It's worth bearing in mind that most of the AstroGrid products are
being revised to suit the move to VOResource 1.0, which disrupts fine-
grained registries more than the other kind. After 2008-04-01, most
of the AstroGrid services, including the app-server at JBO, will be
on different addresses and you will need a new copy of the AR to find
them (i.e. one that searches the new registry). In fact, from April,
you would need the 2008 versions of anything you use from AstroGrid.

I hope this helps; let me know if you need more information.\

Cheers,
Guy