Libraries for working with STC?

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Jul 23 13:42:18 PDT 2008

I'd like to follow up Noel's question with one of my own, that also
concerns presenting coverage information.  I am interested in using
Google Sky as a way to present this, since it is easy to use, runs
already in every browser, allows overlay and pan and zoom.

Therefore I would like to know if any of the VO footprint, coverage,
STC, or registry services can convert to or produce KML output, either
as raster or vector graphics.

If so, what is the classification scheme -- how would I fetch a KML
version of the SDSS footprint for example?

Roy

--

California Institute of Technology
626 395 3670