PLASTIC addon for firefox

Derriere Sebastien derriere at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Apr 25 09:26:17 PDT 2008

   Hi all,

   I was looking a while ago for an easy way to send data
directly from the browser to VO applications. I got frustrated
with the URL copy and paste, or local file save/reopen.
   So I've built a very simple addon to firefox, that allows
passing URLs from the browser to running VO applications
with plastic support.

   If you want to try it, it is available:
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/6783
   a few more explanations here:
http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~derriere/PLASTIC/

   It works at least with firefox 2.x
It uses native support for XML-RPC in the browser, that I
haven't found yet in firefox 3beta.
   If you have additional ideas, knowledge to extend this
in IE, etc... let me know!

   I hope it'll be helpful to some of you.

Sebastien.
--
     _______
    /  ~   /, Sebastien Derriere   mailto:derriere at astro.u-strasbg.fr
   / ~~~~ //  Observatoire de Strasbourg    Phone +33 (0) 390 242 444
  /______//   11, rue de l'universite     Telefax +33 (0) 390 242 417
(______(/    F-67000 Strasbourg  France