SSAP clients for theoretical spectra

Ulrike Stampa stampa at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 11 00:01:40 PDT 2007

To all architects and developers of SSAP clients:

within the GAVO (German VO) project we implemented the simple spectra
access protocol for synthetic spectra. When I started testing our
service I noticed that most of the client tools do not support search
for theoretical spectra but only query by position and time. So my
question to the applications working group: Are there any plans or
on-going discussions about including theoretical spectra? Or any client
software I do not know yet? (The only one I know dealing with parameters
for theoretical spectra is VOSpec.)

Otherwise I suggest to take this aspect into account for further
development.

The base url of our SSAP service is:
http://vo.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/ssatr-0.01/ssatr?request=queryData&
To get an impression what parameters theoretical spectra would
typically  use, you can look at our browser based interface (or contact
me directly).
http://vo.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/ssatr-0.01/TrSpectra.jsp

(This service is supposed to comply with SSAP version 1.02. If you find
anything non-conforming, please let me know. )

Best regards,
Ulrike Stampa, GAVO