Applications Messaging Standard

Thomas Boch boch at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Tue Feb 20 09:15:52 PST 2007

Hi all,

As for the bootstrap process, I'm still not convinced that we need a
socket-based approach. Sure, it is more elegant than the file-based one,
but to me, this elegance does not counterbalance the additional
complexity at the client side.

Are orphaned files really a problem ? If an application reads such a
file, tries to connect to the hub and fails, it sounds sensible to
consider this hub as dead, to delete the dot file, and start up a new
hub.

I think that one of the reasons of the rapid take-up of PLASTIC is its
simplicity. I have nothing against designing a complex architecture, as
long as we gain benefits from this complexity.

Cheers,

Thomas