Applications Messaging Standard

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 8 03:48:28 PST 2007

Thanks all. I agree that, as it stands, plastic is not supposed to be any
sort of message queuing system: if it is just passing messages around apps
on a desktop, the user can plainly see if anything has happened and click
the button again if the message didn't arrive.

It may be that Al's hack to route messages between different machines could
stray into Doug's distributed apps scenario and agree with Al that it ought
not to be part of any initial standard.

> PLASTIC did right was leaving the messages alone. My application can

I think you do need some standard messages but agree that the messages need
to be extendable, much as we did with the registry types.

T.