Apps Messaging -- A New Approach

John Taylor jontayler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 03:15:46 PDT 2007

On 30 Apr 2007, at 10:47, Mike Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> 	I take your point and applaud your thoughtfullness.  We too have
> multi-user machines and students, we also have large heavy objects
> that
> could be carried into offices to smash hard drives into little tiny
> bits
> to destroy the same data files.  I consider the likelihood of data
> loss
> due to msg hacking or heavy objects to be about the same and have as
> much time to guard against each equally.
> 	Did I freak everyone out with the message spoofing point or has
> security been a major deal with PLASTIC for a while?

It's something that came up back in September:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=Pine.LNX.
4.44.0609150930530.11448-100000%40andromeda.star.bris.ac.uk

but we didn't really come to an agreement as to how serious the
threat was and whether we should pursue a fix.  I seem to remember
that back then I was arguing for the other side to now (ie, against
security).  Funny how we get more cautious as we get older.