Apps Messaging - Twin track?

John Taylor jontayler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:34:36 PDT 2007

On 23 Apr 2007, at 17:09, Doug Tody wrote:

> Hi Mark -
>
> I think the point of these use cases should be to scope out what we
> would like a general applications messaging protocol to do, rather
> than
> analyze the pros and cons of the current PLASTIC.  On the other hand,
> in defining a "SAMP 1.0", it probably is reasonable to limit this
> primarily to the sorts of things which PLASTIC is currently used for,
> so long as this is seen as a step towards a more general applications
> messaging protocol.

Hi Doug - that was the point.  I seeded the list with things that
PLASTIC is able to do as it seemed a reasonable assumption that any
successor  protocol would be able to do at least as much.  In my
email announcing this wiki page I asked for contributions from people
who had experience of other systems.

John