tehoretical SEDs in VO applications

Ivo Busko busko at stsci.edu
Fri Nov 17 07:28:52 PST 2006

Hi Miguel

The ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error in specview is
caused by a  misspelled attribute in the input VOTable
file. The target position must be specified as two values,
for RA and DEC, and in the file you sent me there is only
one value, like this:

<PARAM unit="deg" datatype="float" name="TargetPos" ucd="pos.eq;src" utype="sed:Target.pos" value="55.2396480555556" arraysize="2"/>

The "value" and "arraysize" attributes are inconsistent, thus
the error.

Now, I don't understand how this is possible, since the FITS
header doesn't have any positional information from where
the TargetPos field could be composed from. I run specview
using FOS data retrieved from the STScI archive, which have
an almost identical FITS header with the 1zw18 header, and
the generated VOTable does not have any TargetPos field, as
it should be.

So I wonder if the original file you used as specview input
is any different from STScI archive files, or if you edited
the file, or something on those lines.

Cheers,

-Ivo