VOConvert v1.0 released

Mohasin Shaikh shaikh at iucaa.ernet.in
Tue Jun 13 04:43:16 PDT 2006

Hello,

We are happy to announce the release of VOConvert v1.0. It has been
developed by Inter-University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics
(IUCAA) and Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. under the Virtual Observatory -
India initiative.

The release is available for download from,

http://vo.iucaa.ernet.in/~voi/VOConvert.htm

VOConvert v1.0, earlier called conVOT, is a tool for converting files from
one format to another. We have added support for conversion of VOTable
files to ASCII format, along with the support for the following formats,
available with previous version 0.9.

1) ASCII to VOTable
2) FITS to VOTable

With this version, two or more files belonging to a specific format can be
converted into other format at the same time.These features are supported
both via the GUI and the command line interface. Please refer to the user
guide for the same.

We would be happy to receive your comments and suggestions. Please send
them to voindia at vo.iucaa.ernet.in

With Best Regards,
Mohasin Shaikh.

Mohasin.M.H.Shaikh
Project Officer (Virtual Observatory India),
IUCAA, Pune 411007, India.
Mail id: shaikh at iucaa.ernet.in