Charter for the VO Applications Interest Group

Sonali A. Kale sonali at persistent.co.in
Wed Mar 24 04:14:19 PST 2004

Dear Alberto,

    For interoperation between Aladin and VOPlot
the interchange of data is done using VOTable format.
Application created object IDs are used for referring
to specific objects (points in case of VOPlot).

So the main interface requires both applications
to support methods such as :
(1) loadData
(2) selectVOTableObject(list of objects)
(3) highlightVOTableObject(list of objects)

See http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/java/FAQ.htx#ExtApp for
details.

Some methods such as select and highlight are application
specific (in this case for visualization), but I think we could
standardize the interchange format to be VOTables between
different VO Tools.

- Best Regards,
Sonali
Sonali A. Kalé