VOPlot 3D v1.0 released

Sonali A. Kale sonali at persistent.co.in
Tue Jul 20 05:25:46 PDT 2004

Hello,

We are happy to announce the release of VOPlot 3D v1.0 -
3D plotting tool for VOTable format. VOPlot 3D is developed
under the VO-India initiative by Persistent Systems and IUCAA.

This tool has an interface similar to 2D VOPlot.
The first version of VOPlot 3D supports -

   * Allows plotting of numeric fields from a VOTable.
   * Support for scatter plots.
   * Supports zooming into the plot.
   * Supports rotation of plot.
   * Displays line of sight using Euler angles.
   * Support for overlaying of plots.
   * Support for automatic/manual labeling of axis and tick marks.
   * Support for transformation on columns.
   * Support for statistical functions.
   * Support for creation of data subsets.
   * Support for viewing VOTable data in table format.

A sample screenshot is attached with this mail.

The tool is available for download from
http://vo.iucaa.ernet.in/~voi/voplot.htm.

We would be happy to receive your comments and suggestions.
Please send them to <voindia at vo.iucaa.ernet.in>

- Thanks,
Sonali
Sonali A. Kalé