Mono 1.0 experiences

Tamas Budavari budavari at pha.jhu.edu
Fri Jul 16 12:37:15 PDT 2004

Let me just add that...

...the same web services client (C# code) .exe file I compiled and ran on
Linux works also on WinXP and does the same thing as the one compiled on
windows. It is true the other way around as well; the .exe compiled on
windows runs with Mono. The two files have the same lengths (7680 bytes)
but they differ, which must be due to the metadata describing the
compiler/version that were different (csc vs msc).

I knew it should work like that eventually but it is working *now* with
the first release of Mono (v1.0) Very impressive, isn't it? :-)

Cheers, T.

PS> I compiled msc on RH 7.3 linux myself w/o any problems
(./configure, make install)