VOTable filter for OpenOffice Spreadsheet (RC1)

Chenzhou Cui ccz at bao.ac.cn
Tue Apr 20 05:34:07 PDT 2004

Dear Markus,

Thanks for your try and reply.

I am sorry for my too simply message. I will prepare a guide and some
sample VOTable files for the filter in the week, maybe on Friday.

A brief usage for the filter is:

Open "OpenOffice Spreadsheet",
"Tools"->"XML Filter Settings"->"Open Package",
Select the "jar" file.

Ok, now, you can find "VOTable" option from its "Open" and "Save As"
menus. The VOTable file should be with "xml" extension.

What's more, because of bugs of OpenOffice 1.1, please use J2SDK 1.4.1
but not 1.4.2 or newer.

Cheers,
Chenzhou

Markus Dolensky wrote:

> Dear Chenzhou,
>
> It would be helpful to have a VOTable test document as well as the
> command line  how to apply the stylesheet.
>
> My personal attempt with two different processors - Xalan, xsltproc -
> and two different VOTable documents all failed producing similar
> warnings and errors (snippets below). Since I'm not very experienced
> with this it's not clear where to start looking for the problem which
> could be related to my test documents, a XSLT processor issue, the
> stylesheet itself or a combination of the three.
>
> Regards,
> Markus
>

> mdolensk/v2otable> xsltproc VOTable2CalcSheet/Votable2CalSheetV2.xslt
> test.xml
> VOTable2CalcSheet/Votable2CalSheetV2.xslt:516: warning: Namespace prefix
> table is not defined
> table:value-type="float">
>                                                 ^
>
> [truncated lots of similar warnings ...]
>
> compilation error: file VOTable2CalcSheet/Votable2CalSheetV2.xslt line
> 516 element table-cell
> Namespaces prefix  used for multiple namespaces
>
> [truncated lots of similar errors ...]
>
> Error Invalid expression
> normalize-space(.//)
>                    ^
> Error Invalid expression
> normalize-space(.//)
>                    ^
> compilation error: file VOTable2CalcSheet/Votable2CalSheetV2.xslt line
> 193 element variable
> xsl:variable : could not compile select expression 'normalize-space(.//)'
> Error Invalid expression
> normalize-space(./DESCRIPTION//)
>
> [truncated further similar errors ...]

Chenzhou Cui
National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: (8610)64841695
Chinese Academy of Sciences       | FAX: (8610)64878240
Datun Road 20A, Chaoyang District | Email: ccz at bao.ac.cn
Beijing 100012, China             | WWW: www.lamost.org/~cb